Stupid Girls

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

email to margieadam.com

You are reading http://viridianariverstone.blogspot.com/.

Dear Gentlewomen,

I've been surfing the web, reconnecting with my "past lives." Of course, Ms. Adam is a major part of that search.

Along my way, I remember reading something about mentoring in how to produce venues for Women's Music; perhaps it was the Avalon Project?

At any rate, it occurs to me: if I'm so starved to reconnect with women loving women to heal from the current cultural toxicity, perhaps other women in my community of Albuquerque, New Mexico might also need refuge.

So, I'm spinning ideas about the possibilities for a workshop/retreat/concert situation. We have good meeting and performance spaces at the University of New Mexico.

I'm wondering if you might assist me in shaping my ideas into a practical event.

Of course, I have no idea whether Ms. Adam would be willing to travel so far, nor what that would mean in expenses, etc.

Other women in this community have more experience in local production than I. I plan to contact them for assistance and advice.

In addition, I'm a volunteer programmer at KUNMfm, our community radio station.

Ms. Adam, and the sisterhood of women's music of Los Angeles in the '70s, have remained touchstones for me through the years, whether or not my poor heart could take hearing music from a world from which I felt exiled.

I thank her for that.

Thank you for your time,

Rogi Riverstone
http://rriverstone.com
Margie Adam .com