Stupid Girls

Sunday, May 16, 2010

MOVIE: "The Story of O"

You are reading http://viridianariverstone.blogspot.com/.

You know why women have so much strength and endurance? We have to put up with weak, brittle men. In fact, we even have to give birth to them.

Just ONCE, I want to see a women write, produce and direct a movie where MEN are treated the way we've been treated since the day dudes figured out their sauce had something to do with a bun in the oven!

I'm so SICK of us taking this garbage to PROVE ourselves to a bunch of insecure cowards!

I have a MUCH better sex life than sister O. And nobody gets to beat, rape, humiliate or torture me.

I watched this because I had a pal, back in the day, who was a closeted BDSM. It wasn't politically correct in Lesbian Feminist circles back then. She was so happy that movie came out, she actually said something out loud about it among those of us who didn't know her little Secret. Mostly, I figured her out when an ex girlfriend gave her steel handcuffs on her birthday, and she blushed pink (an odd color on a butch). So I thought, what the hell, if she was into it, maybe there's something to this stuff.

I really truly respect my old pal. And I understand that, for its time, this must have seemed a pretty liberating movie.

I don't think so. In fact, I'm just embarrassed for my pal.