Stupid Girls

Sunday, May 09, 2010

MOVIE: "Seducing Maarya"

You are reading http://viridianariverstone.blogspot.com/.



I have nothing in my life experience which would lead me to relate to anybody in this movie except, maybe, the Queer white guy, but I'm female.

I was moved to tears several times, it is so well written, directed and acted that I can relate to a story so divergent from my own. I understand these people and don't judge them. I have no idea what I, in any of their positions, might do.

The film is total eye candy. It shows a highly tuned sensuality. The food was torture. I can almost smell it. I had to pause the tape and boil a pot of jasmine rice to make it through. I'm also searching vindaloo recipes.

The sound track (except for the "Mango Chutneys") is truly delightful.

All the actors had such character in their faces. The brother was truly terrifying.

I laughed a lot more than I would have thought.