Stupid Girls

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's up with Pearl Bailey?

You are reading http://viridianariverstone.blogspot.com/.

Kate,

When I was a kid, I had a real crush on PB. Have you ever looked at her upper arm muscles? She was STRONG. And very funny and not a half bad singer and a good actor. I suspect she's Queer, too and there seems to be some confirmation of that at Queer websites that are quoting her.

I'm wondering why I don't encounter discussions of her in Black & women's history/political discussions. I wonder if it's because she voted Republican (I think people have forgotten the history of southern Democrats).

Anyway, I totally admire PB and just wondered if you know why she's never mentioned in "liberal" and progressive documentaries like on PBS. Anytime there's a discussion of the history of African Americans, PB is usually noticeable by her absence.

What's up with that? Have a clue? Did she come out in favor of McCarthy, or something? If she did, wouldn't survival factor in: a Black WOMAN in a witch hunt?

I"m snooping around on the net, but I can't figure this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Bailey