Stupid Girls

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

MOVIE: "The Stepford Wives"

You are reading http://viridianariverstone.blogspot.com/.

Ok, I would have given 4 stars, except I do not think blaming it on a woman is any indication of so-called liberation. Sorry. Where can you hide a whole town of robots? I suggest Fort Sumner, New Mexico, from which I barely escaped with my life last year. A Christian cross, 4 ft. tall, hangs in the public high school office. All the women look, pretty much, like those in the movie, except tight jeans, cowboy boots and hide purses with giant Christian crosses made out of nickel- and quarter- sized rhinestones are allowed. I realized the similarities during the Senatorial candidate announcement and actually started to cry. Only local cell phones work. There is no over-the-air television, even with converter boxes. There are 2 radio stations; one IS public radio, but they broadcast -- and I mean this literally -- elevator music from 10am to 4pm, weekdays. It is not as affluent as Stepford, for the most part. But the men are terrified and the women are passive and on prescription anti-depressants. Speaking of drugs, Glenn Close is a spokesperson for Mental Health America, which is a front for big PhRMA lobbying; they want everybody on drugs, even toddlers. So, I would have to say this is really happening and so quietly, with our own permission, that I do not think anybody can stop it now. They even have a real drug now called Soma. Enjoy your cupcakes.