Stupid Girls

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gender Queer Atheists on FaceBook


Uploaded by on Nov 13, 2011

Visit us on FaceBook Here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/257889894257845/

"The Ones Who Aren't Here"
Sung by Meg Christian

I'm thinking about
the ones who aren't here
and won't be coming in late,
home all alone
and the family
and won't be coming out tonight.
Wish I could know
all the lovers and friends
kept from gathering.
I think of you now,
the ways you can go,
we're all of us refugees

Telling myself
and the family,
my friends and the folks on the job,
one by one
and it's never been easy
and me and everyone changed.
The hugs and the tears
when they show you their hearts
and some never speak again.
Every pot off the wheel
can't bear the kiln,
every love can't bear the pain.

So let's pass a kiss
and a happy sad tear
and a hug the whole circle round
for the ones who aren't here
for the hate and the fear
for laughter, for struggle, for life.
Let's have a song here for me and for you
and the love that we cannot hide.
And let's have a song
for the ones who aren't here
and won't be coming out tonight.

music and lyrics copyrighted by John Calvi
www.johncalvi.com